ABOUT INFINITY COMPUTERS(i3C)
For over 15 years, I3C has been one of the top IT firms in Uganda offering a full complement of information technology products and services that include Domain Registration, web design and Hosting, Email hosting, Building call centre solutions, SSL certificates, Dedicated Servers, hardware and software, and other Telecommunication services. We are known for; scalable and robust data network strategy planning, deployment and management, voice/data integration with various vendor products, e-commerce and e-government solutions, a 24 hour technical computer support Help Desk and Call Center, and information management tools built on web enabled database systems.
Since the company's inception, we have been in the fore front for partnering with clients as their strategic IT associate and service provider, delivering progressive results with competency in the areas of IT for Business. We are known for a proven track record and skills in developing and offering solutions and platforms that are stable and fully scalable, enabling our clients to streamline their communication and business processes, generate new revenue streams, and improve their call handling quality and lower costs.
Employees in this role correct, process and reconcile a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, departmental billings, employee reimbursements, cash receipts, vendor statements, and journal vouchers; review and code financial information; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports; compile and review information for accuracy; and maintain records. Work is performed by applying knowledge of accounting terminology and using spreadsheets and/or automated accounting systems.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Processes payments and documents such as invoices, journal vouchers, employee reimbursements, and statements.
- Calculates rates paid for purchases and all price extensions.
- Verifies items billed against items ordered and received and reconciles differences through follow-up with the vendor and/or other employees.
- Enters, updates, and/or retrieves accounting data from automated systems.
- Posts financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system, according to instructions.
- Reviews on-line transactions for changes and accuracy and corrects errors.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other report
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Disburses funds using manual/local warrants or petty cash and makes change according to specific instructions.
- Endorses warrants or money orders, prepares account deposit ticket, and deposits money as directed.
- Files and/or removes records and reports.
General Skills: Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the Accounting concepts, practices, and procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Accountant. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
All employees are Customer Care agents with a special responsibility for customer retention and growth of company revenues.
Qualifications and requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or its equivalent qualification. A professional certification like CPA, will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of use of accounting systems/software like QuickBooks is an added advantage.
- Comfort in use of the common productivity computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, and Internet services that include e-mail, instant messaging, social media etc.
- Good communication & Interpersonal skills.
- Reporting Skills, Record Keeping, Filing/Data Entry Management, plus General Mathematical Skills
- Accuracy & Attention to detail_ Job requires maximum attention to detail and Accuracy.
- Confidentiality — Job requires an ethical principal of safeguarding private financial information.
- Very Organized
- Initiative and independence — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges as well as guiding oneself with little or no supervision.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Time management and being deadline oriented.
Lines of communication
- Reports to Chief Finance officer and Managing Director.
- The position is full time based at the office that once in a while would require some offsite activity.
- Working hours: 8:00 Am- 5 Pm weekly days, however there may be a need to put in extra hours outside of office hours in order to meet targets.