Deadline: 5th, November 2016
Housing Finance Bank, the leading provider of housing Finance solutions and a Commercial Bank regulated by Bank of Uganda with the vision to be the preferred Bank that enables its customers to achieve their Financial aspirations especially housing seeks a professional, competent, experienced and dynamic individuals to Fill the above position.
To provide support for Secretarial and Administration services to the Board as well as Legal Advisory support services.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Prepare and maintain a schedule of Board, Committee meetings and maintain a diary of meetings in line with the annual board work plan.
- Prepare and submit all communications (correspondence, agenda, notices, schedules of information) for Board. Committee meetings in line with agreed timelines.
- Assemble information from a variety of sources to facilitate the preparation of Board memoranda.
- Keep custody of all Board papers, documents and minutes.
- Implement mechanisms for preparation, maintenance of attendance registers and prepare allowances for the Board in line with the Banks policies and procedures.
- Arrange for Board Appraisals/Evaluations, induction, training and development of Directors on the Business of the Bank.
- Make travel arrangements, bookings and prepare itineraries and obtain travel documents for Board members.
- Coordinate and participate in the preparation of the Board Affairs Section budget for review by the Company Secretary.
- Prepare the draft Annual Board Work plan and organize Board/Shareholder meetings and activities.
- Maintain and update statutory registers. Board records and file Board related regulatory returns and resolutions with the relevant stakeholders.
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB-Hons.) from a recognised University and A diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.A Chartered Secretary qualification (ICSA) is an added advantage.
ii) Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Financial Institution or large commercial organisation.
- B) Behavioral Competencies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good Computer Skills (Excel. PowerPoint and Word Processing)
iii. High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and Organisational skills
- Good analytical skills- ability to comprehend board papers
Interested persons who fully meet the above specifications are invited to apply to:
The Head Human Resources/Housing Finance Bank/Plot 4 Wampewo Avenue/P. O. Box 1539, Kampala
Enclose a CV, copies of all academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, postal and email address of both applicant, and three competent referees to reach not later than Monday 5th December 2016 before 5:00pm. Only successful candidates will be contacted. All applicants who will not have heard from us within 5 weeks of closing date should consider their application unsuccessful. Please be advised that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification