For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world’s largest independent child rights organisation, underpinned by a vision in a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organisation dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity.
Reporting to the Area Manager, the Senior Officer t assists the Manager in implementing logistics and procurement functions at the regional office. The position holder is responsible for ensuring that supply chain management policies and procedures are fully implemented in a timely manner during the performance of duties. The position holder may also be called upon as and when necessary to provide support in humanitarian responses.
Academic back ground, Experience & Person Specifications;
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in Supply Chain/Logistics or equivalent. Possession of a professional qualification in CIPS is of added advantage.
– Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in Logistics in the INGO sector, within complex/large scale Country programs and in an emergency response/humanitarian environments.
– Proven experience in all technical areas of logistics operations including procurement, transport/distribution, warehousing, stock, fleet, asset, construction, communications and security management.
General specifications applicable to all positions above;
– Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Child Rights Governance, Health, Nutrition, Education, HIV/AIDS or Child Protection is an added advantage.
– Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
– Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
– Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
– Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
– Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
– Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
– Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
– Excellent time management and planning capacity.
– Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter (attached as one document) indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisorsto email below.
Important to note:
– Testimonials/certificates should not be attached to applications that are submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process.
– Candidates from the districts/communities listed above are encouraged to apply. More information on the open positions is available at SCI district/regional offices.
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will therefore be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Safeguarding Policy and organizational Code of Conduct.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents