M-KOPA is the world’s leading off-grid pay-as-you-go energy provider. It combines solar and mobile technology to provide lighting, charging and entertainment for less than the cost of kerosene. Since 2012 it has reached over 400,000 households across East Africa – delivering 50 million hours of solar lighting monthly and saving in aggregate around US$300M in energy costs. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
Ensure a smooth flow of imports and exports by closely keeping his/her hands on the relevant documentation as required by the respective regulatory bodies (URA, UNBS etc.), countries and trading blocs e.g. IGAD, COMESA, EAC, EU, AU, ECOWAS, etc. and a follow through accordingly.
· Take charge of the inventory pipeline right from time of order placement, transshipment, customs processes through to landing at the Main Warehouse.
· Take charge of the inventory pipeline for UG exports right from the Warehouse through to all customs procedures to landing at the desired destination.
· Keep in touch with M-KOPA SOLAR resource persons in other countries to cause harmony in reporting and monitoring requirements.
· Keep abreast with the ever evolving import/export laws and be able to guide Senior Management on the same.
· Be a link between Finance & Logistics department on matters related to tax payments and follow ups.
· Deliver weekly reports on the position of imports and exports to management.
· Keep a tight watch on timelines for ETAs for both imports and exports.
· Maintain inventory lists, review paperwork and reports, check product codes, process shipping orders, and provide customer service to all Logistics department customers’.
· Support the Warehouse Manager in administrative tasks, identifying pipeline bottle necks, and coming up with solutions to problems.
· Respond to management team’s inquiries on pipeline issues cautiously.
An Honours degree in a business course most probably BA.Commerce /Finance/Accounting/Statistics/Quantitative economics/Engineering from a Chartered & recognized University.
· Postgraduate Certificate in a field related to Taxation, Customs, and Forwarding etc. will be a plus.
· Knowledge of ASYCUDA+ and ability to utilize the module is an advantage.
· Extensive knowledge on operations of URA, UNBS, UEPB, UIA, PSF, KCCA etc.
· A valid driver’s license with 2 years’ experience gained post acquisition of permit.
· Not above 35 years at time of application
· Traceable experience in handling Customs related documentation processes
· High level of familiarity with international documentation procedures -INCOTERMS
· Ability to demonstrate skills gained in managing export/import processes
· Demonstrate ability to communicate across a matrix organ set up
· Experience communicating to senior Management
· 3 years practical working experience in the field of Customs Clearing and Forwarding or Import/Export.