Deadline: 28th, February 2017
The position of Sales Executive requires selling of Insurance Services and Products, and to that end the suitable person ought to have a good grasp of insurance knowledge and terminology, or one who can read and quickly understand insurance concepts as there will always be a need to pitch and explain these to client prospects, or the need to formulate solutions to address client needs.
- Quickly respond to customer requests for services and products, and generate competitive quotation and proposal offers.
- Collaborate with other staff and put together proposal offers to prospects;
- Reach out to new and existing customers to discuss their needs, and to explain how insurance solutions can alleviate client needs;
- Confidently explain services and product features, and especially on how these are applicable to client needs;
- Look for prospects from diverse sources such as newspapers, Internet sources, directories, trade associations, network of professional bodies and such similar sources as to create a target list from which one can have a target sales list.
- Maintain customer records and contacts, and make use of existing in-house automated systems to make follow-ups and create repeat sales;
- Negotiate prices and terms of sales and service agreements;
- Submit orders obtained for processing;
- Make quotation, negotiate credit terms and also ensure compliance with bid and tender requirements;
- Have good judgment in selecting services and products, or assist customers in making choices that suit needs, and also take up feedback and make collective action for offers that address specific needs.
- Showcase efforts in customer retention and devise means of generating repeat revenue.
- Submit weekly reports of engagement and meet set targets
Qualifications and requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree, diploma, or its equivalent qualification
- Comfort in use of the common productivity computer applications such as MS Word, Excel or PowerPoint, and Internet services that include e-mail, instant messaging, social media etc.
- Good communication & Interpersonal skills, with a probing mindset.
- Be persuasive and have a good and pleasant demeanor with good attention to detail;
- Be able to listen and capture client feedback, and be able to write this up into offers that suit their need;
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Independence — Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Patience & Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.