The role is to recruit, train, coach & manage a team of up to 20 Direct Sales Representatives to meet your sales targets of M-KOPA products.
The role will involve detailed advanced planning to generate local networks to enable you to deliver current and future sales. The majority of your time will be coaching and working with the DSRs in the field combined with strengthening local networks of customers, while fostering team spirit amongst the DSRs. You will also assist with the resolution of customer needs as they arise.
This will be a demanding, yet personally satisfying role as you develop junior members of you team and sell a product that is upgrading people’s lives.
M-KOPA Solar is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 200,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Achieve and surpass sales targets of M-KOPA products
2. Recruit, train, coach , mentor & supervise field based team of Direct Sales Representatives (DSR) to meet the set targets in line with M-KOPA business goals
3. Run a team of DSR who are disciplined in the sales process and uphold the M-KOPA brand values.
4. Monitor and evaluate the performance Direct Sales Representatives to meet the performance standards
5. Manage DSR inventory and resolve audit recommendations in line with M-KOPA audit resolution guidelines
6. Develop local networks to assist in growing sales volume
7. Prepare and submit weekly activity plans and reports to Regional Sales Manager
8. Uphold the brand values of M-KOPA, including ensuring the M-KOPA shop is highly presentable to customer
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should hold any relevant Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University.
· 1+ year’s management experience in a related sales field. e. g Micro-finance or other financial services, mobile-money, FMCG or other product/service in East Africa.
· Proven ability to carry out direct selling
· Proven track record of hitting targets
· Proven ability to mentor sales staff to achieve greater sales figures
· Proven ability to plan ahead.
· Ability to request & receive support from the headquarters.
· Proven ability to work in a self-disciplined & proactive manner.
· Good negotiation skills and ability
· Tenacious personality
· Customer focused.
· Willingness to work in rural areas.
· Team player with high levels of flexibility.
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
· Proven report-writing skills.
How to Apply:
All prospective employees should send in their applications including updated detailed copy of the CV and a cover letter expressing why you feel you would be an excellent candidate for the role to: email@example.com with the subject “Field Sales Manager” addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
M-KOPA Uganda Limited,
Plot 12 Eric Magala Road, Entebbe.
Deadline: 31st June, 2016